LIFE COMMUNITY CHURCH IS NOW ONLINE!
During this current Coronavirus pandemic, LCC has now moved it's services and ministries to ONLINE CHURCH. What this means practically, is that the church will not be gathering physically together for our worship services on a Sunday morning, nor in any of our other ministries such as Life Groups, CAP Life Skills, Oasis etc.
However, we don't go to church, WE ARE THE CHURCH! Our mission of "helping people grow in a relationship with Jesus Christ" still remains as we move forwards together. Therefore, in order to support the national effort of limiting the spread of the Coronavirus, we will need to do things a little differently, and change our expression of church at this time.
In order to maintain our growth, momentum and connection as a church, we will be communicating much more frequently with you and in different ways, using email, social media and video. We also encourage you to reach out to each other to offer love and support at this time.
We will do everything we can to help support the LCC family (and train where necessary) so that as many as possible are helped as we move to being an "online church". As you will appreciate, this is a journey and we will need to take one step at a time to move forwards, and to continue to love and support each other in these unprecedented times.
So what does the immediate future look like?
1. SUNDAY SERVICES
Starting this Sunday, we will be broadcasting the weekly Sunday Service from our Facebook Page. To access this:
a) If you are a Facebook user, then visit: www.facebook.com/lifecchurchuk and like our "Life Community Church" page. When watching the service, you can like, love, share and comment to fully engage with what is happening, and to tell others too!
b) If you are not a Facebook user, then visit our website: www.life-cc.org/watch
Here's what we're encouraging you to do:
- Before 10:30: Message someone from the church, to see if they are ok and ready to watch the service. You can also connect with others over Skype or WhatsApp video calls. We're encouraging Life Groups to connect together, and to worship and watch as a group or as families.
- 10:20 - 10:30: The Broadcast will start at this time, with our 10 minute countdown containing regular announcements of things happening in the life of the church. Why don't you grab a drink, tune in nice and early so that you are in place, and on time ready to start our time of worship together with the wider church family?
- 10:30 - 11:20: This is when LCC Church Online will take place, consisting of worship, discussion, stories of faith (testimonies), children's items, prayer, encouragement and the message. There will also be an opportunity to bring our tithes and offerings to God. For details of how to give online (by card or standing order), please visit www.life-cc.org/watch
- 11:40 - 12:00: If you're new to Life Community Church, then we'd love to invite you to join our "Connect Call". Immediately after the service ends, why not grab a drink and then join our Online Hosts for a short, relaxed Zoom Call at 11:40am to chat and ask any questions you may have about the broadcast or our church? Alternatively, you may like to receive some prayer. To join the connect call, visit: www.life-cc.org/connectcall // Passcode: 190137
- After the service: Why don't you call the person you messaged before the service, have a catch up and pray together?
- Children: A growing number of resources are now being provided on the Kids' Section of our Church Online page, as well as on our Life Community Church Kids' Youtube Channel We also encourage families with children to download and print the online Service Sheets for kids so that they may write and draw to actively take part in the service together.
We are believing that this new season will be one full of faith and encouragement as we continue to grow together!
2. WEEKDAY PROGRAMME
There is lots going on throughout the week, including our Small Groups, Next Steps Journey and Growth Track Courses. For details about anything, please check out the calendar page for details of what's on, as well as our social media.
3. LIFE GROUPS
All of our Life Groups have now moved ONLINE too. Your time together involves connecting together on a video call, probably at your usual time, using an online platform called Zoom. Training and support will be available to anyone who needs it.
We also encourage you to hold more regular conversations through our normal WhatsApp chats – and also using WhatsApp video calls (which can accommodate up to 4 participants at a time) and WhatsApp Voice messages. It is so vital for all of us that we stay connected and support each other at this time! This way we can be encouraged and grow in our faith, as well as feeling connected to the wider LCC family.
If you aren’t currently in a Life Group where you can connect with others, be cared for in community and grow in your faith, then register your interest at www.life-cc.org/lifegroups
4. OTHER MINISTRIES
All other ministries (unless otherwise notified), are temporarily suspended, as we seek to adapt in this new season.
We will be talking to our missional partners to see if there is any way that we as a church can support them at this time. Also, we encourage you to reach out to your neighbours to offer help, hope and prayer at a time of great anxiety and distress for so many. Let's BE THE CHURCH!
If you need prayer, please reach out to us. We have teams who meet weekly to pray for you. Also, if you have an answer to prayer, we'd also love to know, so we can celebrate and thank God with you! Prayer gatherings are currently happening online on Zoom. If you'd like to be a part of one, then you are welcome. Please check out our calendar page for details.
Please continue to be careful to adhere to all the governmental guidelines around health, and self-isolation. See: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Let's remember that God is on His throne! In this time of worry, confusion and distress for so many, know that He can turn this terrible situation around, for good, and for His glory! We are praying for you! Let's BE the church at this time. Trust God, look out for each other, and seek to spend time with Jesus to grow in our relationship with Him!
With love and blessings,
Dave and Leanne
(On behalf of the LCC Leadership Team)